Crockpot Turkey Chili
What You Need:
- 1.25 lb. Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 medium yellow pepper (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 (15 oz) can Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can Whole-Kernel Corn (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (15 oz) can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (15 oz) can Light Red Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (15 oz) can Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Peppers
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper (to taste; optional)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Green Onions
- Cook turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic stirring frequently, until turkey browns. Drain to discard fat.
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Optional: Once you are ready to serve, add cheddar cheese, a dollop of plain greek yogurt, and top with green onions.
I serve 1 1/2 cups of chili
Turkey – 1 red
Veggies – 1 green
Beans – 1 yellow
Cheese (if used) – 1/2 blue
Greek Yogurt (if used) – 1/2 red
Sometimes leftovers get boring, and you definitely don’t want your family to get bored with your cooking. Use the same meal, but switch it up a little. Make it look different. Add different toppings. Get creative! Here’s a great example for leftovers – Make Tortilla Bowls!!!