Hummus Crusted Chicken
I LOVE chicken! I love everything about chicken, BUT I can also get sick of eating the same chicken recipes over and over again. I love adding a new twist to the flavor, and hello! I love hummus! Perfect combination.
This chicken can be paired with your favorite vegetable, a salad, or a side of rice. I chose to make sweet potato chips with this recipe (as seen in the picture), but the options are endless! Check out the recipe for the sweet potato chips if that’s what you choose. http://monicawesolowski.com/sweet-potato-chips-ranch-dip/
What You Need: (serves 4)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup hummus (I used store-bought)
1 tsp smoked paprika
Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to to 450.
- Spray a 9×12 baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and season them generously with salt and pepper.
- Cover the top of each chicken breast with an even coat of hummus.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over top of the breasts.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cut the other lemon into slices and place around and under the chicken breasts for added flavor.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the hummus crust is beginning to brown.
- Serve with your favorite side dish and enjoy!
21-Day Fix Container Counts:
Chicken – 1 red
Hummus – 1 blue
Place vegetables to cook directly in the dish with the chicken if you desire. Zucchini, squash, onions… choose your favorites and make it easy. One dish, less time, easy clean up! Remember to add the container counts for any sides you choose to make.