I have a major sweet tooth. My husband and I would eat sweets EVERY night after we put the kids to bed. It was almost like a reward for getting through the day. The only problem was that those treats always consisted of ice cream, brownies, cookies, cheesecake, and every other unhealthy option you can think of.
When we started the 21-Day Fix program, the sweet tooth didn’t necessarily go away. However, we changed the TYPES of sweets we ate, and what a difference it has made. This one right here is one of my FAVORITES!
What You Need:
1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
3 large eggs
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or coating with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Place chickpeas, eggs, maple syrup, cocoa powder, baking soda, coconut oil, and extract in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Divide batter among 12 prepared muffin cups.
- Top each muffin with about four chocolate chips; push into batter.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and enjoy!
21 Day Fix Container Counts:
1 muffin – 1 yellow
Take these with you to a play date, a gathering, or some other social event. People will LOVE them, and they won’t even know they’re healthy!