Flatbread Veggie Pizza
I LOVE pizza, plain and simple. We have the best little family owned pizza place right down the street from our house. We know that on Mondays, they have amazing deals, and all we want is to indulge every Monday. Sometimes we do, but most times we do not. Soooooo, we had to come up with something to give us that pizza fix without ruining all of the other good choices we had made.
Insert the flatbread veggie pizza.
I am always trying to figure out ways to get those veggies in without just having a plain side every day… It can get boring, and I don’t do boring.
This is a simple lunch that even the kids can enjoy.
What You Need:
1 whole wheat or multi-grain flatbread
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
Marinara sauce (enough to coat the flatbread)
1/2 cup combination of veggies of choice (I used green peppers, onions, tomatoes, and black olives)
Basil (I used dried)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place flatbread on aluminum foil that has been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on the flatbread. Leave a border around the edge as the crust.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese evenly.
- Cut veggies and sprinkle evenly over the cheese.
- Add basil over top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (or until crust begins to brown and cheese bubbles)
- Cut into four pieces and enjoy.
21-Day Fix Containers Counts:
Flatbread – 1 yellow
Cheese – 1 blue
Veggies – 1/2 cup
Olives – 1 orange
Marinara sauce – not enough to count
This style of pizza can be modified to practically anything that you would enjoy! There are simply so many options. Have fun. Be creative! This simple meal could become a staple at your house, and you will never get bored with all of the options!