Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
This is one of FAVORITE meals and one of the EASIEST, too. I’m all about delicious and simple. That’s kind of my motto when it comes to healthy eating. It’s the only way this busy mama makes it work in our household. This recipe will serve 4 people. Adjust as needed.
What You Need:
4 tilapia filets (thaw if frozen)
Olive oil cooking spray
Salsa (your choice)
1 ripe mango
1 small red onion
1/3 cup cilantro
1 tbsp lime juice
8 Corn Tortillas
Additional toppings (optional):
Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put aluminum foil in a pan and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place a thin layer of salsa on the aluminum foil and place tilapia filets on the pan.
- Put a thin layer of salsa over each filet and place in the oven. Cook for 15 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking, cut the mango, red onion, and cilantro into small pieces and mix together in a bowl. Add lime juice and mix. Set aside.
- Once fish is cooked and flaky, take out and begin heating up corn tortillas.
- Add fish, mango salsa, and other toppings (desired). Serve immediately.
21-Day Fix Container Count:
Tilapia – 1 red
Mango and Salsa – 1/2 purple total
Red Onion – so minimal (don’t count)
2 Corn Tortillas – 1 yellow
Cheese (if added) – 1/2 blue
Avocado (if added) – 1/2 blue
For the best corn tortillas, heat them up on the stove top for a few minutes on each side until they are crispy yet still foldable. That will help them not taste grainy and keep from falling apart.